We are a personal training and lifestyle management studio dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the results you are looking for. Our trainers will provide you with the tools and knowledge that will allow you to live a fit and healthy balanced life for a lifetime!!
Quick Fitness Tips
How to Figure Your Target Heart Rate
Karvonen Heart Rate Formula
- The Karvonen Formula is a mathematical formula that helps you determine your target heart rate zone. The formula involves using your maximum heart rate (MHR) minus your age to come up with a target heart rate range (which is a percentage of your MHR). Staying within this range will help you work most effectively during your cardio workouts. Click here to calculate your Target Heart Rate.
Amount of fluids needed during exercise
Hydrate Before Exercising
- Drink 15-20 fl oz 2-3 hrs before exercise
- Drink 8-10 fl oz 10-15 min before exercise
Hydrate During Exercise
- Drink 8-10 fl oz every 10-15 min during exercise
- If exercising longer than 90 min, drink 8-10 fl oz of a sports drink (with no more than 8% carbohydrate) every 15-30 min
Hydrate After Exercise
- Weigh yourself before and after exercise and replace fluid loses
- Drink 20-24 fl oz water for every 1lb lost ( *Guide to Sports Medicine )